Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Linkedin Learning free?
Yes, it is free as a member of San Jose State University students, faculty, and staff.
- Am I required to have a LinkedIn profile to use LinkedIn Learning?
No. You do not have to have a LinkedIn profile to access LinkedIn Learning.
- Why should I connect my LinkedIn profile to my San Jose State LinkedIn Learning account?
Connecting your profile will allow you to have a richer and more personalized learning experience powered by the data and insights of the LinkedIn network based on what other professionals like you are watching.
- Am I required to connect my LinkedIn profile to my San Jose State State LinkedIn Learning
No. Connecting your profile is optional. But you may connect to it later if you change your mind.
- Why is it recommended to connect LinkedIn Learning with your LinkedIn Profile?
Signing into LinkedIn Learning with your LinkedIn account allows you to seamlessly share Learning goals and successes across platforms, as well as receive personalized recommendations based on your relevant skills and interests.
- What information will be shared with my employer if I connect my personal LinkedIn
profile to my San Jose State LinkedIn Learning account?
Learning activities and public profile information, such as name and profile picture, will be shared with your employer. Your personal connections or messages, any job search activity and any learning courses you’ve viewed are not shared.
- Can I add my LinkedIn Learning Certificates of Completion to my LinkedIn profile?
Yes, you can. Once the course has been completed, you can Add to Profile within your Learning History page. Badging it on your LinkedIn profile can indicate that you are trained on specific tasks or fields, which could be a strong proof for your potential emloyers to look at.
- Can my users access LinkedIn Learning courses on a mobile device?
- Yes, however, any learning activity will not be reported to Canvas.
- If a user navigates to LinkedIn Learning directly, will their activity be sent back
to our Canvas?
- No. In order to communicate activity back to Canvas, content must be launched from
- No. In order to communicate activity back to Canvas, content must be launched from Canvas.
- After launching a LinkedIn Learning course from Canvas, what activity get reported
back to Canvas?
- In order to communicate activity back to Canvas, content must be launched from Canvas. Both course completions and courses in progress will be reported back. The only activity that is reported back is from the course that was launched from Canvas. If a user then navigates into other couses, that subsequent viewing activity will not be sent back to Canvas. Thus, each course viewing needs to start from Canvas.
LinkedIn Learning News
- Is Lynda.com now LinkedIn Learning?
Yes. LinkedIn Learning, which acquired Lynda.com, has the same great content but provides an even more personalized experience. Don't worry, all your learning activity and history from Lynda.com was seamlessly transferred to LinkedIn Learning.