Internet & Network Access
Information Technology provides the Campus Community with access to a secure, centrally-managed network. All of the network components work together seamlessly to offer simplicity, consistency, transparency and security regardless of where you connect to the network.
Reliable, wired access to the University network and the Internet. SJSU offers four specific networks for different audiences:
- SJSU_Premier secure network is for Students, Faculty and Staff and provides encrypted connectivity for wireless users that have a SJSUOne ID
- Eduroam secure network is for Students, Faculty, Staff as well as visitors from other Eduroam participating campuses
- SJSU_Guest is an open, unencrypted wireless network for campus visitors
- SJSU_MyDevices for Students, Faculty and Staff is for network-enabled devices (such as gaming consoles, Apple TV, etc.) that do not support WPA2 security
- Computer equipment with appropriate network interface card (Ethernet)
- Devices with compatible wireless network adapters are required for Wi-Fi access
- SJSU prohibits the connection of customer-provided switches, hubs or routers to the campus network
- 802.11b is no longer supported
Internet and network access is free for Students, Faculty and Staff. Third parties are required to complete a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- Set Up for iOS [pdf]
- Set Up for Mac OS [pdf]
- Set Up for Android [pdf]
- Set Up for Windows [pdf]
- Set Up for Guest Wi-Fi [pdf]
For help with Internet or network access, submit a ticket request with a brief description of the issue. For information about the correct network to request, contact your local departmental IT support staff.
Wiring and activation requests typically take at least two business days to complete.